Excited to announce that Script Butcher is an official sponsor of the Other Worlds Austin Sci-Fi Screenwriting Contest!
- Shorts: 40 pages or less, must be original material.
- Features: 70 pages or more, must be original material.
- Pilots: may be sitcom or one-hour, network or cable (anything longer than one-hour should be submitted as a feature, i.e. a made-for-tv movie), must be fully original, no spinoffs. Sitcoms tend to be 22-40 pages depending on formatting, one-hours 45-70 pages.
- Specs: should be for an existing show, on air in the US (BBC America or Showcase shows on Syfy are fine) either currently or in the last year.
- Retro-Specs: may be for a long-cancelled series (Lost In Space), a spin-off (CSI: Mars), or a television series based on an established property (The Dragonriders of Pern) and should be 22-75 pages in length. Recently cancelled series (last ten years) are highly discouraged although not prohibited.
Each category finalist will receive a free book from Save the Cat!, a copy of Save the Cat! Story Structure Software 3.0, a free set of Script Butcher notes, and $250 in cash.
Grand Prize Winner selected from the three category winners receives an additional $250 cash.